I have a simple and easy dinner recipe to share with you! It is a vegetarian recipe, but you could easily add some chicken, or whatever meat you prefer to it!
One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 12 ounces organic red lentil pasta (or any gluten free protein based pasta)
- 4¼ cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- ½ one small-medium size onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 10 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
*All of the ingredients that I used were organic and gmo free.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients except basil, salt and pepper. Stir together. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, still covered, for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and basil leaves. Stir to combine for one minute. Serve hot and enjoy.