I have a quick, easy, clean eating (kid approved) pancake recipe! I get asked quite a bit what we eat if we don’t do dairy, gluten, and try to eat mostly organic foods. Well ladies and gentlemen, here you have it! My quick, easy recipe.
3 Ripe bananas
1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 Tablespoons coconut flour
2 teaspoons chia seeds (if you want)
1. In small bowl mash bananas until smooth. Set aside. (Make sure the bananas are very smooth, not many lumps, or else the stick to the pan and are hard to flip! Lesson learned!)
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
3. Add bananas to egg mixture and whisk together until all the ingredients combined.
4. Add coconut flour and stir in. Allow to set for 5 minutes (give or take). Batter should thicken just a tad as the coconut flour gets absorbed.
5. Heat pan on medium heat. Add enough butter or olive oil to melt and cover surface; 1-2 teaspoons is usually adequate, although you may need to add more for multiple batches.
6. Gently ladle batter (I found using about 4 tablespoons worth at a time is best) and drop in the pan. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until edges brown and bubbles appear. Flip and cook for about the same amount of time on the opposite side.
Serve with real maple syrup, butter, or nut butter!
Super easy to make and freeze! The best part is, they are family friendly.
From my family to yours,