Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup of unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted creamy peanut butter
- Spray an 9 by 13 square baking pan with olive or coconut oil. (Make sure you have enough space in your freezer, as you are going to need this space later!)
- How to make the peanut butter layer of goodness: In a glass medium sized bowl, add ingredients: 1 and a 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup maple syrup (I used a 1/4th), and 2/3 cup coconut flour. Mix until thickened and difficult to stir.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the chocolate topping: Use a small pot to add in 1 cup chocolate chips and 2/3 of a cup of peanut butter. Heat and stir until chocolate is softened and good and melty!
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter of goodness filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate to help even out the layer.
- Add Peanut Topping: Sprinkle the peanuts that you crushed over the chocolate topping. Set aside.
- Drizzle the bars: In another small sized pan (or you can be like me and just use the one that is already dirty, no harm, no foul, right?) add ¼ cup chocolate chips and 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter. Heat on medium, stirring frequently, while waiting for the mixture of goodness to melt. THEN use a fork and drizzle the mixture over the delicious, AND I MEAN DELICIOUS bars!
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Or if you have little ones, whenever you remember to pull it out, and slice it into squares!
They are good in the refrigerator for a day or two. After that, I recommend putting them in the freezer. They just seem to hold their constancy so much better!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the bars and much as we do!